- Nikki Chuml, RNC-OB, MSN/Ed, PRN, LNC
- Abbie Citron, RN, BSN, LNC
- Lisa Kuipers, RN, LNC
This webinar focuses on the significance of defense medical examinations in litigation matters. Participants will develop the necessary skills and responsibilities associated with defense medical examinations.
- Identify the purpose and list types of defense medical exams attended by LNCs.
- Acquire the knowledge of the steps used to prepare to attend a DME.
- Acquire knowledge of duties and responsibilities while attending DME.
- Learn the steps for follow-up after the exam.
- Identify potential problems or pitfalls during DMEs.
- Allow participants to ask questions regarding attending DMEs
This continuing nursing education activity was approved by the American Association of Legal Nurse Consultants, an accredited provider by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Contact hours: 1.5
- View webinar
- Complete on-line course evaluation and attestation of completion
Conflict of Interest: The planners and faculty for this activity report no conflict of interest with the development and presentation of this course.
***Unable to attend the live AALNC webinar? Register for the webinar by the day before the event to receive a recording of the live program. Listen to the recording and complete the evaluation within 4 weeks of receipt to receive a Continuing Nursing Education Certificate.***