Fennemore Craig, a regional law firm with six offices in three states, is seeking a Contract Legal Nurse Consultant to work with our growing medical negligence healthcare practice in the Phoenix office. (Note that even though contracted, you will need to be present in the Phoenix office for much of the work required.)
This is a part-time position of approximately 20-25 hours weekly.
- Perform medical research, preparing discovery responses;
- Review medical records;
- Prepare chronologies;
- Review, label and identify medical records;
- Prepare medical chronology;
- Assist medical malpractice attorney team with interview process of fact witnesses;
- Assist medical malpractice attorney team with deposition preparation of fact witnesses and expert witnesses;
- Research expert witnesses;
- Assist medical malpractice attorney team with retaining expert witnesses;
- Prepare memorandums of interviews with fact witnesses and telephone conferences with expert witnesses;
- Schedule appointments, meetings and court dates;
- Calendar and docket court dates;
- Coordinate with all departments for the distribution, faxing, copying and mailing of correspondence and documents;
- Overtime may be required during periods of high workload, flexibility in daily work schedule is required;
- Adhere to departmental/Firm goals and policies; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Registered Nurse (RN license in good standing);
- 2+ years as a legal nurse consultant;
- Paralegal certificate preferred;
- Ability to work a long-term contract for complex cases.